Sunday

Life after Kopan

After one month of meditation and teachings on how to bring more happiness and peace into our lives, I do feel a little calmer inside (I think...)! The test is taking this feeling with me, into India and eventually back home.

Here is a little peek at the view from my room at Kopan. The mornings are quite cool, especially at 4:30 in the morning when I wake up! Rob and I do some practices with a small group (15 people) until about 7:30. Then it is breakfast until 8:00, cleaning until 9:00, and teachings until 11 (with the rest of the group - 160 people), then lunch. Anyway that is just a small taste of what the mornings have been like.



Here is a snap of my discussion group. They were like a family from all over the world - England, America, Australia, Holland, Hungry and New Zealand.



I didn't take alot of photos during the course so I could focus on my mind (well I tried..) but, on the last day there was a long life puja from the 'head lama', Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Here are a few shots.



The monks were on the side closest to the Westerners and the nuns were on the other side (there are more nuns than monks!)



Rob offered part of a mandala to Rinpoche as part of the puja. He is standing behind an amazing Aussie called Shyla, who is starting a new project, LKPY. We hope to get involved in this project to help young people and young at heart develop a more loving and peaceful outlook on life.



One of the beautiful nuns performing a Tara dance.



Yesterday we visited an orphanage that was started by this amazing member of the group five years ago. He has helped 35 childern stay off the street. I will post more details about it later. It was amazing to be part of this wonderful project.



Taff with some of the kids. This little one fell off the swing a few mintues after the photo.... so many tears for this cute pumpkin..

OK, gotta go. The next retreat starts in a few hours. This one is five days long and will be meditation only, so quite intensive... yaaaaaaaaha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The retreat looks absolutely fantastic, we wish we could experience the same calm, peace and serenity. Looks like you have experienced a number of lifes fantastic lessons.
Great to hear from you and we hope the journey continues to bring you both lots of enjoyment.

Chie said...

Hi Jude!
Those are really great photos!
Your practice sound really
interesting but I don't think
I can get up 4:30 in a morning...!
Stay safe and enjoy your life in Asia!

Anonymous said...

hey sis, looks like your having a grand ol time. im going well, mel just got sick over Christmas and now im sick. Gastro.... sucks hopefully better by new years.

missing ya stuff, on hols at the moment so im just taking it easy catching up on things
love chris